Last remaining WI National Guard troops home from Iraq
Just in time for the holidays, the last remaining Wisconsin National Guard troops stationed overseas in Iraq are back home.
On Saturday, a trip from half way around the world ends with a bus ride to West Bend for the 2nd Battalion soldiers. Governor Scott Walker was the first to welcome them home, followed by the people they have been eager to see -their families.
Sadly, not all Wisconsin soldiers have made it home safe. Ten Guardsmen have given the ultimate sacrifice since 2003, nine have died in Iraq.
The Wisconsin 2nd Battalion helped close four bases while in Iraq. They served as a “medivac support unit.”
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man in custody after two backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City