One person dead after collision between semi, car in Racine County
One person died after a collision between a semi and a car on westbound Highway 20 near Mount Pleasant in Racine County Monday morning.
The collision happened shortly after 8:30 a.m. Officials say a semi was crossing Highway 20 eastbound on Spring St. when a car struck the backside of the trailer. The driver of that car was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Racine County Sheriff’s Department, Union Grove.Yorkville Fire and EMS, and Flight for Life helicopter were all called to the scene.
There were no other injuries.
The accident is now under investigation by the Wisconsin State Patrol.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man in custody after two backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City