Toys collected for ill children at Children’s Hospital
Whether you’re just getting started with your Christmas shopping or it’s almost complete, consider picking up a few extra things to help brighten an ill child this holiday season. You can donate it at a toy drive in Oak Creek.
The toy drive is the work of the hosts of SportsRadio 1250, Chuck Freimund and Mike Wickett. They’ve been collecting toys for five years — with the intent to deliver them to Children’s Hospital in Wauwatosa.
“That is the worst time to have your child have to be stuck there. And if we can take toys from Milwaukee, West Allis and Racine and take them over there to brightern their day just a little bit more, it eases the pain of being poked and prodded and being stuck around,” said Wickett.
Chuck and Wickett will be collecting toys outside Blain’s Farm and Fleet in Oak Creek all week. They are collecting unused toys, books, clothing, electronic items, money, blankets and quilts.
The team’s goal is to collect $40,000 worth of new toys and goodies. In previous years, the toy drive collected more than $20,000 worth of toys to the Children’s Hospital.
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo