Chief Flynn, Sheriff Clarke in war of words over bus safety
MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke and Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn have been taking verbal swipes at each other on how to stop the violence on Milwaukee County buses.
Chief Flynn visited Real Milwaukee and took aim at Sheriff Clarke, who blamed Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele and his budget cuts for safety problems. Chief Flynn said, “You go play your budget games, but I’m not a fan of using budget shortfalls to terrorize the public. We get paid to protect people, not to come up with excuses why we can’t.”
Sheriff Clarke visited Real Milwaukee the very next day. “Ed Flynn uses what we call illusionary policing. Use statistics, throw them around, create this false sense of security, claim that everything’s okay. So people stop paying attention to it,” he said.
- VIRAL: Dash cam shows something shocking, and then...
- Two killed, one hurt in head-on crash, speed possibly a factor
- Who would steal from a baby's grave plot? You won't believe this video
- Waukesha doctor "stunned" after alleged attack, police chase
- 7-year-old girl wakes up for school and finds her parents dead