Demolition work begins at downtown Marriott site
MILWAUKEE — Demolition work began on the Marriott site in downtown Milwaukee Tuesday morning. Crews are working on the corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Milwaukee St.
Construction of the $54 million Downtown Milwaukee Marriott is expected to take up to 20 months. It’s set to open in mid-2013. It will incorporate a majority of the existing 19th century Wisconsin Avenue buildings currently on the site and their historic façades.
The project will result in up to 200 permanent jobs and 450 construction jobs. The hotel will end up with roughly 200 guest rooms and suites, in addition to meeting and banquet space, a restaurant and bar.
- Popular TV program "Cosmos" makes a comeback on FOX Sunday night
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Police investigating death of baby boy, mother in custody
- Four teens shot while inside vehicle, one critically injured
- One person killed after car strikes tree in Milwaukee