Demolition work begins at downtown Marriott site
MILWAUKEE — Demolition work began on the Marriott site in downtown Milwaukee Tuesday morning. Crews are working on the corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Milwaukee St.
Construction of the $54 million Downtown Milwaukee Marriott is expected to take up to 20 months. It’s set to open in mid-2013. It will incorporate a majority of the existing 19th century Wisconsin Avenue buildings currently on the site and their historic façades.
The project will result in up to 200 permanent jobs and 450 construction jobs. The hotel will end up with roughly 200 guest rooms and suites, in addition to meeting and banquet space, a restaurant and bar.
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo