3-10-12: Almond Crusted Sole
Looking for a new way to cook fish? Chef Feker puts together a mouth watering Almond Crusted Sole.
• 4, 6 oz. filet of lemon sole
• 1/2 cup of milk
• 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted and divided
• 1/4 cup of corn starch
• 1/4 cup of breadcrumb
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Process 1/2 cup almonds in a food processor until finely chopped, and combine with 1/4 cup breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl.
2. Place the milk and the cornstarch in two different shallow bowls.
3. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and white pepper; dredge in cornstarch.
4. Dip in the milk and then dredge in the almond mixture.
5. Melt butter with olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat; add fish, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove fillets to a serving plate.
6. Add remaining 1/2 cup almonds to skillet, and cook, stirring often, 1 minute or until golden.
7. Remove almonds with a slotted spoon, and sprinkle over fish.
8. Suggested wine: Pinot Grigio