Wisconsin DOT unveils transportation reading challenge
The program encourages children up to age 10 to read 10 books about transportation. After completing a reading ticket that documents the books read, children will be eligible to win small prizes that promote safety, or even a ride along with a state trooper!
Children must read eight books that involve various types of transportation, including travel by car, bicycle, truck, bus, boat, train, airplane or walking. Two additional books can involve any type of transportation, including space travel or hot air balloon travel.
CLICK HERE for details on this new program.
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo