Wisconsin DOT unveils transportation reading challenge
The program encourages children up to age 10 to read 10 books about transportation. After completing a reading ticket that documents the books read, children will be eligible to win small prizes that promote safety, or even a ride along with a state trooper!
Children must read eight books that involve various types of transportation, including travel by car, bicycle, truck, bus, boat, train, airplane or walking. Two additional books can involve any type of transportation, including space travel or hot air balloon travel.
CLICK HERE for details on this new program.
- VIRAL: Dash cam shows something shocking, and then...
- Two killed, one hurt in head-on crash, speed possibly a factor
- Who would steal from a baby's grave plot? You won't believe this video
- Waukesha doctor "stunned" after alleged attack, police chase
- 7-year-old girl wakes up for school and finds her parents dead