Several GOP candidates making stops in Wisconsin
MILWAUKEE — With the Republican presidential primary being held on Tuesday, April 3rd, GOP candidates are busy campaigning in Wisconsin.
Former house speaker Newt Gingrich hosts an event at Marquette University on Thursday. A rally will be held at 7:30 p.m. in Weasler Auditorium. The former house speaker is still making this visit despite his campaign announcing that they are scaling back.
Newt Gingrich has been trailing behind in the polls and announced he is working with a smaller staff, and making less stops at state primaries.”It’s all about the math, and we’ll keep moving forward this summer. If there is a winner before the convention, there’s a winner, but until then, we will keep working and striving toward getting to Tampa,” Gingrich said.
U.S. Rep. Ron Paul is also scheduled to be in Wisconsin Thursday. He will host a town hall meeting for Thursday night in Madison.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery