Recall papers filed against Muskego mayor, two aldermen
MUSKEGO — The group “Muskego for Ethical Government” filed recall papers Thursday, March 29th with the city clerk.
The group is trying to recall Muskego Mayor Kathy Chiaverotti, Alderman Keith Werner and Alderman Neome Schaumberg.
The group says they’ve filed the papers over the city’s refusal to hold a referendum on the proposed $3.5 million Little Muskego Lake Park and “irresponsible decision making” when it comes to spending.
Earlier this year, the group got 3,400 signatures to force a referendum, but that referendum petition was rejected by the city because of a technicality.
“We just said we don’t feel that you’re being open with us, and that’s what you’re looking for – transparency. They are sort of forcing us. The majority of people don’t want a recall, but we don’t see how we can get them to listen to us in any other way,” Lorie Oliver with Muskego for Ethical Government said.
FOX6′s media partners at the Musekgo Patch say Schaumberg declined to comment. Chiaverotti and Werner couldn’t be reached.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed