Walker signs Open Gym Act into law Thursday
Walker signs Open Gym Act
MILWAUKEE — Governor Scott Walker was in Milwaukee Thursday, March 29th to sign a bill dubbed the “Open Gym Act” into law.
The bill will keep schools open longer to encourage kids and adults to be more active and get more exercise.
Lawmakers say the reason behind the law is the rising obesity rate in Wisconsin, which has more than doubled in the last 20 years.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father