Chef Feker joins FOX6 WakeUp to help make sure your Easter brunch goes off without a hitch. Watch as Chef Feker makes Portobello and Eggplant Eggs Benedict.
IL MITO’S BRUNCH PORTOBELLO & EGGPLANT EGGS BENEDICT
• 4 slices 1-inch thick eggplant slices, grilled
• 4 large Portobello caps, gills removed and grilled
• 4 roma tomatoes cut in half and oven roasted
• 4 poached eggs, room temp (recipe online at http://www.ilmito.com)
• 4 halves of ciabatta bread squares, toasted
• 8 tablespoons of IL MITO’s béarnaise sauce
1. Warm your poached eggs to temperature by placing them in slow-simmering water.
2. Meanwhile, place your toasted bread on each plate.
3. Top with a slice of eggplant, then your Portobello and then your oven-roasted tomatoes.
4. Remove poached egg from the water, dry with paper towel and place on top of the tomato.
5. Top with the béarnaise sauce and garnish your plate with IL MITO’s rosemary garlic potatoes andfresh fruit.