Bunny scavenger hunt and other Easter activites at Co. Zoo!
MILWAUKEE — It was a packed house at the Milwaukee County Zoo on Saturday, April 7th for the “Hop-to-it Bunny Scavenger Hunt.” Children searched the zoo grounds for special Easter-themed tokens and turned them in to get treats!
Children eight-years-old and younger took part in the fun. The Easter activities at the zoo drew in large crowds.
Katelyn North took her niece to the zoo Saturday for the scavenger hunt. “It’s fun! There are a lot of activities the kids can do. We have a Zoo Pass, so we come here a lot. It’s something different for them to do, and they’re excited,” North said.
As a special treat, the Easter bunny greeted families as they entered the zoo. Parents took photos of their children with the bunny. Other activities at the zoo included face painting and creating bunny ears. “We were hopping down the bunny trail trying to find our bunny ears. She has her face done. We’re having a great time,” parent Kennetha Spinella said.
Additionally, the “NEW Zoo” in Suamico near Green Bay also took part in Easter festivities this weekend.
Families ventured out to the zoo to enjoy the nice weather while their little ones searched for eggs to fill their Easter baskets.
Volunteers scattered more than 11,000 eggs!
The Easter event is one of the zoo’s biggest fundraisers.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man in custody after two backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City