130 Wisconsin soldiers headed to Afghanistan
Army National Guard deployment
OSHKOSH — About 130 Wisconsin soldiers are set to fly out this week on a security mission to Afghanistan.
The soldiers are members of the Army National Guard 1157th Transportation Company. They have been training at Camp Shelby in Mississippi.
This tour is expected to last nine months, which means the soldiers will likely spend Christmas overseas.
- Two killed, one hurt in head-on crash, speed possibly a factor
- VIRAL: Dash cam shows something shocking, and then...
- Who would steal from a baby's grave plot? You won't believe this video
- Waukesha doctor "stunned" after alleged attack, police chase
- CLICK & PRINT your very own 2014 Green Bay Packers schedule