130 Wisconsin soldiers headed to Afghanistan
Army National Guard deployment
OSHKOSH — About 130 Wisconsin soldiers are set to fly out this week on a security mission to Afghanistan.
The soldiers are members of the Army National Guard 1157th Transportation Company. They have been training at Camp Shelby in Mississippi.
This tour is expected to last nine months, which means the soldiers will likely spend Christmas overseas.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed