130 Wisconsin soldiers headed to Afghanistan
Army National Guard deployment
OSHKOSH — About 130 Wisconsin soldiers are set to fly out this week on a security mission to Afghanistan.
The soldiers are members of the Army National Guard 1157th Transportation Company. They have been training at Camp Shelby in Mississippi.
This tour is expected to last nine months, which means the soldiers will likely spend Christmas overseas.
- Popular TV program "Cosmos" makes a comeback on FOX Sunday night
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Police investigating death of baby boy, mother in custody
- Four teens shot while inside vehicle, one critically injured
- One person killed after car strikes tree in Milwaukee