Obey endorses Barrett for Wis. governor
Tom Barrett in Madison
Barrett, Kathleen Falk and two other Democrats are vying for the party’s nomination to challenge Walker in a June 5 recall election.
Democrats want to oust Walker from office as payback for passing a law that stripped public workers of their union rights.
Wisconsin’s largest public unions are backing Falk. But Obey, a Democrat who represented northern Wisconsin in Congress for decades, says Barrett has the right temperament for united a divided state.
He also criticized the Wisconsin chapter of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees for producing a video that incorrectly implies Barrett supported Walker’s union changes. The union has apologized for the video.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed