Small explosion, fire at Mercury Marine in Fond du Lac
Officials say the fire was quickly contained to the Brown furnace and exhaust system. The cause of the fire was due to employees pouring alloy melted molten aluminum, when a small explosion occurred. The molten aluminum then shot 25 feet up to the ceiling, causing fine dust particles to ignite. The particles were then drafted into the exhaust system.
Officials say the plant will be back in operation after further investigation of the exhaust system.
There were no reports of any injuries. A portion of the plant was evacuated.
- Two killed, one hurt in head-on crash, speed possibly a factor
- VIRAL: Dash cam shows something shocking, and then...
- Who would steal from a baby's grave plot? You won't believe this video
- Waukesha doctor "stunned" after alleged attack, police chase
- CLICK & PRINT your very own 2014 Green Bay Packers schedule