Suspects admit to robbing West Allis businesses
Kenneth Kowis, Tyler Tiedke
WEST ALLIS — The two suspects now charged with robbing a couple of West Allis taverns admit to the crimes in the criminal complaint filed against them.
Kenneth Kowis and Tyler Tiedke are charged with armed robbery for their roles in the alleged robberies of Sir Gregory’s Pub on Beloit Rd. on March 8th and Lynch’s Tavern on Highway 100 on April 4th.
Investigating officers got a break in this case when they were notified by the Slinger Police Department about a robbery at a convenience store on April 4th. Apparently one of the suspects in that crime dropped a Speedy rewards keychain card and a Planet Fitness keychain ID card outside of the store after the robbery. That card belonged to Tyler Tiedke.
The criminal complaint says officers then used those cards to track down Tiedke, who then admitted to the crimes. Tiedke told officers the robberies were committed “to get money for drugs.”
If convicted of the crimes, both Kowis and Tiedke face up to 40 years in prison and $100,000 in fines.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!