Volunteer Center holds 30th volunteer celebration
MILWAUKEE — The Volunteer Center of Greater Milwaukee held its 30th volunteer celebration Thursday, April 12th and volunteers were honored for their service.
Since it began, over 180 people have been recognized for their service in the Milwaukee area.
Milwaukee ranks eighth among large U.S. cities, with 32 percent of people volunteering.
The awards program was held at the Italian Community Center and emceed by FOX6′s Kim Murphy.
CLICK HERE for more on how to get involved in the community via the Volunteer Center of Greater Milwaukee’s website.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- Rosie O'Donnell 50 pounds lighter! How'd she do it?