Tom Barrett gets first union endorsements
Barrett announced Thursday, April 12th that he got the backing of the Amalgamated Transit Union, Operating Engineers Local 317, and the Iron Workers District Council of North Central States. Collectively the three unions represent about 5,000 people.
His rival Kathleen Falk has scored the biggest union endorsements to date, getting backing from the AFL-CIO, the largest statewide public workers union and the union representing teachers.
Both Barrett and Falk say they are committed to restoring collective bargaining rights that were taken away last year by a plan Walker introduced. That largely motivated the recall election.
The Democratic primary is May 8 and the general election is June 5.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City