Ron Johnson says he’s not firing his D.C. staff
MILWAUKEE — Republican U.S. Senator Ron Johnson says a published report that he is about to fire his entire Washington D.C.-based staff is “laughable” and “incredibly false.”
CLICK HERE to view the article via “Roll Call’s” website.
“It’s grossly inaccurate. It was a hit piece. It’s unfortunate. It seems to be planted by somebody in Republican leadership which is not a good thing, but no, it’s laughable. It’s so incredibly false,” Johnson said.
Johnson says he is not pondering motives regarding the article’s sources, but says the story allows him to show who he is really working for. “Bottom line I guess, what it does prove is that I am certainly an independent voice here for Wisconsin. I’m not part of the establishment, and I have just been pushing hard,” Johnson said.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him