Kids learn fishing techniques at area parks
Kids fishing clinic
BROWN DEER — Kids 15 and under got a chance to reel in the spring weather this weekend, and learn how to fish!
A free clinic was held at Brown Deer Park Saturday, and similar events were held throughout Milwaukee and surrounding counties.
Organizers say the clinics give kids a chance to learn about fishing – especially those who might not otherwise have the opportunity.
“A lot of times, this is the first time they’ve been out (fishing), and they really walk away and take a lot with them when they go. It’s really a new experience for them,” Duane Marcell, president of the Okauchee Fishing Club said.
At the clinic, the kids learned fishing techniques, how to tie knots, safety rules and fish identification.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"