Summerfest officials hold casting call for commercial
MILWAUKEE — Summerfest officials held an open casting call Sunday, April 22nd for a TV commercial for Milwaukee’s 45th annual Summerfest.
Those interested stood in line before heading into The Garage at the Harley-Davidson Museum®, located at 400 West Canal Street, on Sunday for the chance to appear in a Summerfest commercial.
Stephen Froggatt came out Sunday hoping he’d be picked for the gig. “I just thought it was a great idea to have the fans come out and do a commercial for Summerfest,” Froggatt said.
People had to share their favorite Summerfest memories as part of the casting call. “My favorite memories are the fireworks. They are the best, and I’ve seen a lot of fireworks!” Froggatt said.
Organizers will make the final selections on who will appear in the commercial by Wednesday, April 25th. “We are going to be looking for a variety of Summerfest fans that have great stories to tell about their passion and their experiences,” John Boler, Summerfest VP of Sales and Marketing said.
The commercials will air starting the first week of June. About 20-30 people will be selected for the commercial.
Those who didn’t have a chance to attend the casting call can submit an electronic application by CLICKING HERE. The deadline to submit information is midnight Sunday night, April 22nd.
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo