Some 200 homeowners without power as winds die down
MILWAUKEE — Around 200 We Energies customers remain without power because our high winds are creating issues for power lines. About 50 of those are in the New Berlin area.
We Energies spokesperson Brian Manthey says since the winds began kicking up Sunday afternoon, crews have restored power to around 18,000 customers.
Early on Monday, there were several hundred people without power in the communities of Wauwatosa, Mount Pleasant, Racine, Town of Salem and Town of Bristol.
Manthey says crews are addressing the power outages quickly. As the winds die down, those outages should be fully resolved.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo