Cuddyer leads Rockies to 4-1 win over Brewers
MILWAUKEE (AP) — Michael Cuddyer lined a two-run double in the eighth and Jeremy Guthrie pitched seven strong innings Sunday, April 22nd, leading the Colorado Rockies to a 4-1 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers.
The win put a damper on the celebration of Ryan Braun’s NL MVP and Silver Slugger awards. The Brewers slugger received his trophies in a pregame ceremony before the game.
Guthrie (2-1) got the better of Yovani Gallardo in a matchup of opening-day starters, surrendering one run and three hits in seven innings. Rafael Betancourt pitched the ninth for his fifth straight save to open the season.
Francisco Rodriguez (0-2) took the loss. The closer-turned-setup-man who accepted an arbitration offer of $8 million in the offseason rather than leave as a free agent, has struggled in 2012. The two runs he allowed Sunday pushed his ERA to 6.75.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- Rosie O'Donnell 50 pounds lighter! How'd she do it?