Woman who landed plane will be honored at Bucks game
Helen & John Collins
MILWAUKEE (AP) — The woman who landed a small plane in Door County after the mid-flight death of her husband will be honored at the Milwaukee Bucks game Monday night.
80-year-old Helen Collins assumed the controls of the plane after her husband, John, was stricken April 23. She spoke to aviation officials with remarkable calmness as they guided her to the ground at Cherryland Airport.
Three people instrumental in helping Collins land safely will accept the award on her behalf, airport manager Keith Kasbohn and Robert and Cathy Vuksanovic. Kasbohn called the couple for help that day and they guided Collins to the ground.
The Kapco Homecourt Hero Award is made during the first timeout of the second quarter.
- VIRAL: Dash cam shows something shocking, and then...
- Two killed, one hurt in head-on crash, speed possibly a factor
- Who would steal from a baby's grave plot? You won't believe this video
- Waukesha doctor "stunned" after alleged attack, police chase
- 7-year-old girl wakes up for school and finds her parents dead