WISCONSIN — Ten students from Wisconsin are semifinalists for the 2012 Presidential Scholars Award, the highest honor for a graduating high school senior. Approximately 550 students have been recognized as semifinalists for the 2012 Presidential Scholars program.
“These students have prepared themselves for college and careers,” said State Superintendent Tony Evers. “Through their devotion to their studies and with the support of their parents, teachers and community, they have excelled academically.”
Wisconsin Presidential Scholar semifinalists are:
• Joseph F. Deguire of Brookfield, Marquette University High School, Milwaukee;
• Emma C. Fallone, Whitefish Bay High School;
• Nicole C. Flanary of Mequon, University School of Milwaukee, Milwaukee;
• Suman Gunasekaran, James Madison Memorial High School, Madison;
• Eric M. Johnson, Bay Port High School, Green Bay;
• Dee D. Luo, Brookfield Central High School;
• Ahmee K. Marshall-Christe, Rufus King International High School, Milwaukee;
• David K. Sehloff, Fox Valley Lutheran High School, Appleton;
• Joanna Q. Weng, West High School, Madison; and
• Angela Yang, Germantown High School.