Admirals season ends with playoff sweep at Abbotford
ABBOTSFORD, BRITISH COLUMBIA — The Milwaukee Admirals, who worked so hard to secure a playoff berth on the final day of the regular season, suffered a swift exit from the playoffs, thanks to the Abbotsford Heat’s 4-2 win Wednesday night, April 25th in British Columbia.
The victory completed a three-game sweep for the Heat, who took the first two games in the Bradley Center, in the best of five first round series.
Coach Ian Herber’s Ads fought back from a 2-0 deficit to tie the game on a Victor Bartley power-play goal, but Dustin Sylvester lit the lamp on still another Abbotsford power-play early in the third period for the hosts. They scored an empty-net goal late to close out matters.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe