Meijer looking to build store in Franklin
FRANKLIN — Mega-retailer Meijer is planning a move into the Wisconsin market, and Franklin could be its first stop.
Meijer is looking at building a store in Franklin on the northeast corner of Loomis Road and Highway 100.
Meijer stores have large grocery sections aimed at “the affluent suburbanite,” but also have a wide array of other products ranging from iPods to guns, and even diamond rings. Many stores also have an in-house pharmacy.
The average Meijer store employs 200 to 250 people.
Franklin officials will get their first look at the development plan next week. If approved, the Franklin site would be one of several new Meijer stores coming to the area.
CLICK HERE for more information from the Milwaukee Business Journal.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed