Van plunges off NYC road near zoo, killing seven
NEW YORK (AP) — Authorities say an out-of-control van plunged off a roadway near the Bronx Zoo in New York City, killing seven people, including three children.
Fire Department spokesman Jim Long say the victims were an 84-year-old man; three women, ages 80, 45 and 30; and three girls, ages 12, 10 and 7. Long says they were all in the van.
Police say the van was headed south Sunday afternoon, April 29th, on the Bronx River Parkway, a highway in the city. The van bounced off the median, crossed all southbound lanes over to the guardrail and fell more than 50 feet. It’s not clear what caused the van to go out of control.
The southbound side of the highway was closed Sunday afternoon while police investigated.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed