Contact 6: Beware if purchasing prom dresses online
MILWAUKEE — It’s prom season, and prom can often be a defining moment in a teen’s life – a time they’ll never forget! Especially when the prom dress is a no show! FOX6′s Contact 6 has received four complaints from four very angry moms, and has an alert for parents.
Each of four moms who reached out to Contact 6 said they ordered prom dresses online for their daughters and either never received the dress, or got the wrong dress, and cannot get in touch with anyone at the company! Each mom says they tried emailing the companies, but never heard back, or are getting the runaround.
When Contact 6 looked up the companies websites, each was based in either Beijing or Hong Kong, China! Emails Contact 6 sent to the companies have also gone unreturned.
The Wisconsin Better Business Bureau says…
- Know the store’s return and replacement policies, and get them in writing before you buy!
- Use a credit card, not a debit card. That way, if there’s a problem, your credit company will protect you.
- Try shopping locally. It’s always good to have an actual store to go back to with a problem.
- If you want to shop online, be sure to compare prices across multiple sites, and remember, cheapest isn’t always best!
CLICK HERE to file a complaint with FOX6′s Contact 6.
- Two killed, one hurt in head-on crash, speed possibly a factor
- VIRAL: Dash cam shows something shocking, and then...
- Who would steal from a baby's grave plot? You won't believe this video
- Waukesha doctor "stunned" after alleged attack, police chase
- CLICK & PRINT your very own 2014 Green Bay Packers schedule