Contact 6: Beware if purchasing prom dresses online
MILWAUKEE — It’s prom season, and prom can often be a defining moment in a teen’s life – a time they’ll never forget! Especially when the prom dress is a no show! FOX6′s Contact 6 has received four complaints from four very angry moms, and has an alert for parents.
Each of four moms who reached out to Contact 6 said they ordered prom dresses online for their daughters and either never received the dress, or got the wrong dress, and cannot get in touch with anyone at the company! Each mom says they tried emailing the companies, but never heard back, or are getting the runaround.
When Contact 6 looked up the companies websites, each was based in either Beijing or Hong Kong, China! Emails Contact 6 sent to the companies have also gone unreturned.
The Wisconsin Better Business Bureau says…
- Know the store’s return and replacement policies, and get them in writing before you buy!
- Use a credit card, not a debit card. That way, if there’s a problem, your credit company will protect you.
- Try shopping locally. It’s always good to have an actual store to go back to with a problem.
- If you want to shop online, be sure to compare prices across multiple sites, and remember, cheapest isn’t always best!
CLICK HERE to file a complaint with FOX6′s Contact 6.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery