Chief Flynn suspends one officer, discharges another for OWI
Police say officers were called to a single vehicle crash Tuesday, May 1st at 8:00 p.m. near 79th and Howard, where a car had struck a house. Police say the driver was identified as 49-year-old MPD Sgt. Charles Cross.
Police say Cross failed a field sobriety test and was arrested for first-offense OWI with a BAC of over twice the legal limit. Cross has been assigned to administrative duty.
MPD says they are investigating this incident and will forward results of that investigation to Flynn.
Cross was already under investigation for theft of overtime at the time of Tuesday’s incident. Cross has 19 years of service with MPD.
Additionally, Flynn discharged a 20-year MPD veteran officer for his second OWI offense. The 44-year-old officer was discharged when he received his second OWI while still serving suspension for his first.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father