Number of whooping cough cases in Milwaukee now at 112
MILWAUKEE — The City of Milwaukee Health Department says the number of probable and confirmed cases of whooping cough (pertussis) now stands at 112.
Residents are reminded there is a vaccine against pertussis and anyone not already inoculated should receive that immediately to protect themselves and those around them.
Vaccines can be received from your healthcare provider or the Milwaukee Health Department. The MHD continues to receive reports from childcare, school and university settings regarding pertussis activity and has conducted follow-up with all facilities as necessary.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- VIRAL: Dash cam shows something shocking, and then...
- Two killed, one hurt in head-on crash, speed possibly a factor
- Who would steal from a baby's grave plot? You won't believe this video
- Waukesha doctor "stunned" after alleged attack, police chase
- 7-year-old girl wakes up for school and finds her parents dead