Number of whooping cough cases in Milwaukee now at 112
MILWAUKEE — The City of Milwaukee Health Department says the number of probable and confirmed cases of whooping cough (pertussis) now stands at 112.
Residents are reminded there is a vaccine against pertussis and anyone not already inoculated should receive that immediately to protect themselves and those around them.
Vaccines can be received from your healthcare provider or the Milwaukee Health Department. The MHD continues to receive reports from childcare, school and university settings regarding pertussis activity and has conducted follow-up with all facilities as necessary.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father