Funeral held Tuesday for Wisconsin soldier killed in Afghanistan
ORFORDVILLE (AP) — Funeral arrangements have been set for Cpl. Benjamin Neal, the Orfordville native who was killed in Afghanistan.
A public visitation was held Monday, May 7th from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Parkview High School. It was preceded by a private two-hour visitation for immediate and military family members.
The funeral is set for Tuesday, May 8th at 10 a.m. at St. William Catholic Church in Janesville. Rock County sheriff’s Capt. Jude Mauer says Neal’s remains were expected to arrive Saturday, May 5th.
Flags were lowered to half-staff Tuesday in Neal’s honor.
The Pentagon says the decorated 21-year-old soldier was killed April 25 after enemy forces attacked his unit. His awards include the NATO Medal, the Bronze Star, the Purple Heart, the Amy Commendation Medal and the Afghanistan Campaign Medal with Campaign Stars.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City