Lyons man shot dead by deputy after mom calls 911
TOWN OF LYONS — A mother’s plea for help for her suicidal son, ended with him dead at the hands of deputies, after authorities say the man lunged at them with a knife.
22-year-old John Brown died at Aurora Lakeland Medical Center shortly after being shot at the home he shared with his mother on Meadow Lane in the town of Lyons.
Deputies say shorty after midnight Saturday, May 5th, they received a 911 call from Brown’s mother, asking for help. When they arrived on the scene, they say Brown refused orders.
“The subject was armed with a knife and he confronted and was aggressive towards the officers. He lunged towards the officers with a knife. He was ordered to drop the knife by the deputies. He failed to do so,” Walworth County Sheriff David Graves said.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery