Hank Aaron trail to get $27K sculpture
MILWAUKEE (AP) — The Hank Aaron State Trail will get a new sculpture. Mineral Point artist Peter Flanary created a work entitled “Bridge.”
The sculpture, valued at $27,000, consists of 20 glacial boulders averaging about two feet in diameter. The boulders are fitted and pinned together to represent the idea of connection.
The Menomonee Valley Partners, Inc., a non-profit group dedicated to revitalizing the Menomonee Valley donated the sculpture to the state last month.
The trail follows the Menomonee River from Lake Michigan west about 11.5 miles. The trail is a popular destination for hikers, bikers, skaters, walkers and runners from around the Milwaukee area.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man in custody after two backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City