Man accused of videotaping sex with woman expected to enter plea
OAK CREEK — 19-year-old Zachary Lyda, the Oak Creek man charged with secretly videotaping sex with a woman at his Oak Creek apartment is expected to enter a plea in court Monday during his arraignment.
Lyda waived his preliminary hearing in court Wednesday morning, April 25th.
The criminal complaint says an Oak Creek police detective reviewed several videos recovered from a computer seized from Lyda’s house in July 2011. The complaint indicates Lyda would leave the laptop computer open so it could record what was happening in the basement bedroom. The videos show Lyda having sexual intercourse with the victim on several occasions.
The complaint says the detective interviewed the woman seen on the videos. She told the detective she recalled seeing the laptop open, but saw nothing on the screen and assumed it was not operating. She said she did not know Lyda was taping her and never would have given him consent to do so.
If convicted on the charge, Lyda faces up to three-and-a-half years in prison and a $10,000 fine.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed