Nine-year veteran MPD officer discharged for excessive force
MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn discharged a 42-year-old nine-year veteran officer on May 1st for excessive force.
Police say Richard Schoen hit a female prisoner who was handcuffed in the back of his squad car in September – a violation of the core value of restraint.
Police say on September 22nd, just before 9:30 p.m. Schoen punched a prisoner in the face, removed her from the squad car by her hair, and struck her to the body with his knee while she was handcuffed in the squad after a traffic stop in the 4100 block of N. 51st Blvd.
Police say the woman used profanity and became argumentative, resulting in her arrest.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- Rosie O'Donnell 50 pounds lighter! How'd she do it?