Compas survives recall primary in State Senate Dist. 13
MADISON (AP) — Fort Atkinson photographer Lori Compas has defeated fake Democrat Gary Ellerman in a recall primary to earn a chance to face Wisconsin Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald next month.
Democrats want to oust Fitzgerald and two other incumbent Republican senators in a June 5 general recall election as payback for passing GOP Gov. Scott Walker’s contentious law stripping public workers of their union rights. The Democrats also are trying to capture an open seat in that same election.
All four Democratic candidates faced a primary challenge Tuesday from a Republican running as a Democrat. The GOP recruited the fake candidates to force the real Democrats into primary races.
- Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett wins Democratic recall primary election
- Gov. Scott Walker easily wins recall primary election
- Falk concedes Democratic primary for governor to Barrett
- Mitchell wins primary, will face Kleefisch in June general election
- Compas survives recall primary in State Senate Dist. 13
- Seidel defeats fake Dem in Senate Dist. 29 recall election