Seidel defeats fake Dem in Senate Dist. 29 recall election
MADISON (AP) — State Rep. Donna Seidel has defeated fake Democrat Jim Buckley in a Wisconsin Senate recall primary.
Seidel advances to face Republican Rep. Jerry Petrowski in a June 5 general recall election. Incumbent Sen. Pam Galloway resigned after Democrats forced her into a recall, leaving her seat open. Three other Democrats are vying to replace three incumbent
All the recalls were spurred by the GOP senators’ support for Republican Gov. Scott Walker’s contentious law restricting public workers’ union rights.
The four Democrats each faced Republicans running as Democrats in Tuesday’s primaries. The GOP recruited the fake candidates to ensure the real Democrats had to go through primaries.
- Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett wins Democratic recall primary election
- Gov. Scott Walker easily wins recall primary election
- Falk concedes Democratic primary for governor to Barrett
- Mitchell wins primary, will face Kleefisch in June general election
- Compas survives recall primary in State Senate Dist. 13
- Seidel defeats fake Dem in Senate Dist. 29 recall election
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed