Two Dems square off in Wis. Lt. Governor primary
MADISON (AP) — The Democratic race for governor is drawing most of Wisconsin’s attention, but the less prominent race for lieutenant governor could also be important.
The lieutenant governor’s job carries no official duties. However, the lieutenant governor would take over if the governor dies, leaves office early or is incapacitated.
Two Democrats are squaring off in a primary Tuesday. The winner advances to challenge Republican incumbent Rebecca Kleefisch in a recall election next month.
Kleefisch and Republican Gov. Scott Walker are facing recall elections sparked by Walker’s law that eliminated collective-bargaining rights for most public employees
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father