Tom Barrett wants four debates with Gov. Walker
Barrett on Wednesday, May 9th called on Walker to focus all of the debates on the issue of jobs. Walker’s campaign spokeswoman Ciara Matthews had no immediate comment.
Jobs and the economy have been a major focus of the recall campaign, with both sides using different numbers to make their cases.
Walker points to the state’s unemployment rate, which is the lowest it’s been since 2008.
But Barrett points out that Wisconsin lost more jobs than any other state between March 2011 and March 2012.
Walker has also taken Barrett to task for Milwaukee’s 10.4 percent unemployment. Barrett has been mayor of Milwaukee since 2004.
- VIRAL: Dash cam shows something shocking, and then...
- Two killed, one hurt in head-on crash, speed possibly a factor
- Who would steal from a baby's grave plot? You won't believe this video
- Waukesha doctor "stunned" after alleged attack, police chase
- 7-year-old girl wakes up for school and finds her parents dead