Tourism spending is up in Milwaukee County
MILWAUKEE (AP) – Tourism spending in the state’s largest county increased 7% in 2011 over the year before.
A study for the Department of Tourism reports tourists spent an estimated $1.57 billion in Milwaukee County last year, compared to the over $1.47 billion spent in 2010.
The 2011 amount is the most of any county in the state.
VISIT Milwaukee hosted 207 conventions in 2011, an increase of 28% over the 162 conventions in 2010.
Tourism-related jobs were up by almost 300 full-time positions.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- Rosie O'Donnell 50 pounds lighter! How'd she do it?