Illegal drugs eyed after child dies from drinking gas
MADISON (AP) — Investigators are trying to determine whether illegal drugs played a role in the death of a 2-year-old Dane County girl who drank gasoline.
Court documents say the girl’s 4-year-old brother was found to have cocaine in his system According to three search warrants filed Wednesday, a doctor at UW Hospital told investigators that a presumptive blood test on the boy Sunday, May 6th found a positive result for the presence of cocaine.
The warrants say the boy told a doctor at UW Hospital that he and his sister had gone out to a car, locked themselves in and drank gasoline.
The girl died early Sunday night. The sheriff’s office says the boy has been put into foster care. Autopsy results on the girl are pending.
- Two killed, one hurt in head-on crash, speed possibly a factor
- VIRAL: Dash cam shows something shocking, and then...
- Who would steal from a baby's grave plot? You won't believe this video
- Waukesha doctor "stunned" after alleged attack, police chase
- CLICK & PRINT your very own 2014 Green Bay Packers schedule