Family of missing 53-year-old man says he’s been found safe
MILWAUKEE — The family of a missing 53-year-old man reported Monday, May 14th that he was found safe. Robert Sommerfelt was reported missing after leaving his home in Milwaukee Tuesday, May 8th.
No details on how or where Sommerfelt was found have yet been released. The family thanked the Marinette County Sheriff’s Department.
Amanda Fellows says her father is a recovering alcoholic who fell off the wagon and was going to court for an OWI. During their last conversation on the phone while she was outside his home, Fellows says her father was agitated and upset that Fellows had gone to his home. Fellows says her father told her he would call her when he was done with court.
However, Sommerfelt never showed up to face the judge.
Fellows released the following statement via Facebook Monday: “We did find my dad today. He is in police custody; today his road to recovery begins. I cannot express the amount of gratitude I feel for each and every one of my Facebook friends and family, the Milwaukee Police, the Marinette Co. Sheriff and the Media. Each played a HUGE role in finding my dad alive. My heart swells when I think of your love, prayers and support. Finally I can sleep in peace tonight, knowing where my father is, thanks to all of you. Let the healing process begin. Thank you again.”
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery