Plover gas station accidentally advertises gas for 37 cents
PLOVER — A mistake at a Portage County gas station left many customers fuming.
A BP gas station in Plover mistakenly advertised its medium-grade gasoline for only 37 cents a gallon!
Word of the price spread through social media, and hundreds of cars lines up for the cheap gas. In the end, the gas station manager shut down the pumps.
“I was excited. I have a big Durango, so I wanted to fill up, but I’m stuck at a quarter tank still. I had my hopes up,” one driver said.
“I was very disappointed. I was really hoping we could get in and get a couple of gas cans and fill them up, get some cheap gas,” another driver said.
Police were called in to help control the situation.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe