Hope Christian School: Fortis cancels classes after tragic accident
11-year-old Brown was struck and killed by an automobile at Keefe Ave. and Port Washington Road just before 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, May 16th.
Witnesses say 11-year-old Israel Brown ran out into the road, darting between school buses that were lined up after school when he was struck by a blue Dodge Ram pickup truck. Brown died shortly after being struck.
The school’s executive director says grief counselors will be on site Thursday.
The school said Thursday: “Today is a day of great sadness for the family and friends of our student and for the entire school community. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family. Our student is a Christian, and we are comforted to know that he is with God. Counselors will be available to meet with students, faculty and staff starting today and continuing over the next few weeks as needs. We appreciate the outpouring of community support.”
- Popular TV program "Cosmos" makes a comeback on FOX Sunday night
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Police investigating death of baby boy, mother in custody
- Four teens shot while inside vehicle, one critically injured
- One person killed after car strikes tree in Milwaukee