You don't want to just tell your dinner guests it "tastes like chicken." Give them a reason to say "wow" the next time you serve them some of this bird. Here's a tasty recipe from Chef Feker.
• 4, 6-oz chicken breasts butterflied and pounded thin (organic preferred)
• 4 oz each feta and ricotta cheese crumbled
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
• 4 oz sun-dried tomatoes marinated in oil sliced thin
• 4 oz spinach blanched and squeezed dry then chopped
• 4 oz roasted artichokes
• 2 cloves garlic chopped
• 1 small red onion diced fine
• 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 cup all-purpose flour for dusting
• 1 cup of milk
• 1 cup bread crumb
• Salt and white pepper
Directions for the filling
1. Heat half the olive oil in a large pan and sauté the onion.
2. When the onion is translucent, add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
3. Add the paprika and chili flakes and cook for one more minute.
4. Add the spinach and artichokes. Sauté, stirring frequently for 3 minutes.
5. Add the oregano and sauté two more minutes.
6. Transfer the vegetables to a plate or small tray to cool. When the vegetables have cooled to room temperature transfer them to a large mixing bowl and fold in the feta and the ricotta cheese and remaining olive oil.
Directions for the chicken
1. Spread a thin layer of the filling inside the butterflied chicken.
2. Fold on side back on the other side of the chicken tightly and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
3. Heat a large pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
4. Meanwhile, season each chicken breast with salt and white pepper. Flour each and shake of any excess flour. Put in milk and then breadcrumb. Sear all sides of each chicken breast in the pan until golden brown (you may need to do this in batches). Preheat an oven to 350.
5. After all of the chicken breasts are seared place chickens in the oven at 350, mean while discard any excess oil that remains in the pan.
6. Add 1/4 cup of white wine and 1/4 cup of chicken stock and reduce to a glaze and once your chicken is ready with a internal temp of 160 serve under the chicken and enjoy.