Seven-year-old girl hospitalized after being shot with arrow
FOND DU LAC — Seven-year-old Aryanna Schneeberg of Campbellsport is hospitalized at Children’s Hospital in Wauwatosa after being shot in the back by an arrow Sunday night, May 20th in Fond du Lac County. She was last listed in stable condition after having surgery to remove the arrow.
Fond du Lac County Sheriff Mylan “Mick” Fink said Monday the girl was on a sidewalk in Campbellsport when she was hit about 5:30 p.m. Sunday. Fink says she was walking with two or three other girls.
A witness says the girl was walking down the sidewalk, pushing a doll in a stroller with two friends.
“It appears that the arrow came in at a high angle, and impacted the left side of her back, causing some significant injuries,” Fink said.
The girl’s parents and emergency crews were there in an instant, trying to comfort the child. They were careful not to pull out the arrow which could have been lethal.
Sheriff’s Capt. Dean Will says investigators canvassed the neighborhood and confiscated a bow, arrow and target from a residence about 70 to 80 yards away from where the girl was hit.
Officials say it was a broadhead arrow used for hunting or target practice.
Officials say the incident doesn’t not pose further threat to public safety.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father