Oak Creek High School students burned with acid in science class

Posted on: 3:20 pm, May 22, 2012, by , updated on: 09:43pm, May 22, 2012

oak creek hs

OAK CREEK — Oak Creek fire officials were called to Oak Creek High School Tuesday afternoon, May 22nd after three students were splashed by acid during a science class.

Officials say a student picked up a flask by the stopper instead of the glass, and the container slipped, sending acid from inside the flask out onto the students.

All three students reportedly got acid on their legs, and some got acid on their arms.

Fire officials say students followed the safety procedures and were taken to the showers to wash the acid off. The acid did burn through clothing, and got onto the students’ skin.

Fire officials treated students and transported them to the hospital as a precaution.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s