School bus crashes into I-43 bridge near Fond du Lac Ave.
MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee police responded to an accident involving a school bus Wednesday, May 23rd around 8:52 a.m. The incident occurred near Fond du Lac Avenue and I-43.
The Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Department says there were no students on the bus, and the driver received head lacerations.
The bus was heading westbound on Fond du Lac Avenue near I-43 when it did what appears to be a U-turn (see upper right corner of video above) and then drove up an embankment into the retaining wall of I-43. The bus is from Durham Bus Company, and was coming from Racine.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.Submit Your Photo
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo