6-1-12: Fettuccine with Cajun-spiced chicken and spaghetti squash
Chef Feker joins FOX6 WakeUp to show us how to make Fettuccine with Cajun-spiced chicken and spaghetti squash.
Recipes: Fettuccine with Cajun-spiced chicken and spaghetti squash
• 1 pound dried fettuccine
• 1 oz of olive oil
• 1/4 pound pancetta, diced into 1-inch cubes
• 1 small onion cut in strips
• 2, 8 oz. chicken breast blackened and cut into strips
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
• 1 sprig of rosemary, chopped fine
• 1/4 cup of white wine
• 1/2 cup chicken stock
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 2 oz roasted garlic (see ilmito.com)
• 1/2 cup of frozen peas
• 1 small spaghetti squash roasted and shredded with a fork
• 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
• 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. In a large pot boil 6 quarts of salted water. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan over high heat until hot.
3. Add olive oil and pancetta, sauté until golden brown and crispy, about 3 minutes.
4. Add onions and cook until lightly golden.
5. Add chicken, sea salt, pepper, nutmeg, rosemary and sauté for 2 minutes at low heat.
6. Add white wine and cook to a glaze, then add chicken stock and reduce by half, lower flame andadd the cream, roasted garlic, peas and squash.
7. Drain pasta in a colander. Do not rinse with water; you want to retain the pasta’s natural starches sothat the sauce will stick.
8. Add the pasta to the sauce while it is still hot. Sprinkle with Parmesan and fresh parsley and enjoy.